I know I don’t want or need to have All of the Things.
But I’m smitten, and broke. (Maternity leave sans baby is a beautiful, but frugal endeavor.)
Don’t buy the last ones of these for fear of my wrath!
- Claims to be a baby blanket, but hey! sometimes I act like a child. Doesn’t look like a baby blanket, right?
- We try, try, try to not use plastic at our house. I’m rooting for these instead of the usual kitchen towel we drape over salad, etc. in the fridge.
- I have a new laundry plan that N is only partly on board with. I think this would help.
- My new, hormone induced hair is loving the beach look. I am not loving the sample beach look spray I got from Folica, but think this au natural replacement might do the trick.
- I was looking for a picture of a cherry blossom I took on my phone to lead this post–my finger appeared in every shot. Then I found this and decided it would be perfect in our guest room. Who knew I even needed it until just this moment? I’m tempted to render one of my own, but come on: $25 to support an artist? No contest! My mama raised me right.
- And, because this is my dreamlist-if-I-win-the-lottery-and-never-have-to-think-about-money-again, here is the light fixture I’ve been drooling over for our bedroom for over a year. When I get back to work in the fall I am going to have to stomach the $300 and buy the damn thing. I can’t help it that the scallops and brass speak to me.
How about you? What would you lay some Franklins down for if money was no issue? Post a link and we’ll swoon together. It will be like group therapy for shoppers anonymous.
I’ve been drooling over this lamp for YEARS. But a fixture that costs almost as much as rent? I sometimes lament my twenties, when I could have pulled a sugar daddy. Oh well, integrity and Ikea lighting it is.
Also, this purse is my dream purse:
Lizz–that light is rad. Imagine a whole slew of writerly things illuminated in a work space. Just a few grand will do it, right?? I feel like IKEA clips, an embroidery frame or two, a light kit and some origami paper would do the trick. And likely light on fire? 😉
If money were irrelevant, I would spend a year in Jiuzhaigou. Swoon with me at this: http://www.google.com/search?q=jiuzhaigou&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=dBIzU4jEI87_qAGh2YGYAg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=360&bih=615
OMG, Shareen!! Where is this magical place?!
China, near the Tibetan border.
Well darling daughter…the pillows look like they’re made from really nice horse blankets. Is the plan to use them to prop the little on up on Echo?
We could do a cherry blossom watercolor when my bionic knee allows me to come harass you in June. Ours would be bigger and better!
And lastly, the lamp is really 70’s looking. Obviously your style, not mine (speaking as the folk art lover).
My wish list would be monthly plane tickets to bug you, Nik, Torrey, Hanna and Jessica and her gang of three!
China, near the Tibetan border.
Greetings from Carolina! I’m bored to death at work
so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break.
I enjoy the info you provide here and can’t wait to
take a look when I get home. I’m surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my phone ..
I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, superb blog!